Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Case Study Week 3: 12/23/2015 The Power of Co-Teaching and Building a True Business on Udemy

Case Study Week 3: 12/23/2015 The Power of Co-Teaching and Building a True Business on Udemy
When I first came to Udemy my idea was that I would have to build and create lots of courses myself in order to succeed. This however has not been the case. Why some of my own courses are bestsellers and earn me thousands ever month, a majority of my sales come through co-taught courses. Let me explain how I have learned to go about doing this from using this course!
1) Jerry discusses in many lectures in this course the power of co-teaching and working with hard working like minded people. However, just because you do this does not guarantee instant success. Let me give you an example.
When I first started co-teaching I worked with an instructor who had never worked with Udemy before. I had to be patient, very willing to help, and show this instructor how to be successful on Udemy. This took us many trial courses and much time before creating a bestseller. This instructor and I now have more than 6+ courses together!
2) When Co-teaching Always seek to create a win-win situation. You should be willing as the lead instructor to take full responsibility for the course and also reward your co-instructor for their efforts. Having a solid relationship with my co-instructors is the most important part of creating and having a successful course(s) on Udemy!
3) Be willing to view Udemy and your Courses as assets and more like a business. I went to school for teaching, but I have learned an incredible amount about business from teacher here on Udemy. The more you study business, how to create these assets, the value of your time and of a Udemy course, the better the results you will receive!
4) I now have more than 30 courses and 800+ reviews because I have learned how to create these courses with others, myself, and to treat Udemy like my own business :) I hope this helps and inspires you and if you have any questions please feel free to post at the bottom of this message!
Sincerely,
Joe Parys

No comments:

Post a Comment